The Winter weather can bring on many challenges when it comes to keeping your skin hydrated, and the skin on your feet is no exception. Here are some tips on how to prevent your feet from drying and cracking in the cold.
1. Try to avoid very hot water when bathing or showering because it strips the skin of its natural oils, and the feet have less oil glands than the rest of our body.
2. Avoid space heaters because they tend to make the air dry, which can then draw out moisture from our skin. Use humidifiers to keep the moisture in the air.
3. Eat a well balanced diet. Vitamin D helps in skin cell renewal and repair. Vitamin C helps in collagen production and Vitamin E helps protect skin cells against free radicals.
4. Wearing proper shoes is key. Wear well ventilated shoes because shoes that get very hot and humid inside can draw out the moisture from the skin on our feet. Also, make sure your shoes are not tight because constant pressure and friction from tight shoes can cause the skin to thicken and even crack. Standing on our feet for long periods of time in shoes that have minimal support can also cause the skin on our heels and soles of our feet to crack because of the prolonged pressure from our body weight.
5. Physical and chemical exfoliation are very important to get rid of dry, dead skin cells and to allow new skin cells to form. It allows the ingredients of our moisturizing agents to penetrate the skin more efficiently as well. The Flawless Feet System comprises of a double sided foot file that physically exfoliates the skin, and a serum that provides chemical exfoliation thru alpha hydroxy acids such as malic acid, which is a natural ingredient derived from apples.
6. Avoid using footcare products that contain harsh chemicals and drying agents like alcohol, or added colors and fragrances because these tend to irritate and strip the skin of its moisture. The Flawless Feet Serum is made of gentle yet effective natural and botanically derived ingredients that will exfoliate and hydrate the feet without any irritation.
7. Moisturize your skin frequently. The Flawless Feet Serum has numerous hydrating ingredients including sodium hyaluronate, apricot oil, and aloe vera, all of which moisturize the skin without any greasy residue, so it can be used anytime, anywhere.
8. Last but not least, always remember to love yourself from head to toe!