To maintain youthful skin as you age, you must take care of it. Yes, there are those who have amazing genes and look effortlessly youthful even in their 60's, but for most of us, prevention is key. Here are some tips to help keep your skin looking forever young.
1. Take your vitamins: You read about some of our go to supplements in our previous blog, however there are also other vitamins such as D, A and C that play an important role as well. Vitamin D helps aid in cell renewal and vitamins A and C help protect cells against free radical damage, help brighten your complexion and boost collagen production.
2. Use sunscreen: I know you have heard this a million times, but there is a reason for that, because it's true! Sun damage can cause your skin to premature very quickly. It causes sun spots, fine lines and wrinkles, and may even cause cancer.
3. Cleanse your skin: Wash and exfoliate your face. Your skin accumulates a lot of dirt, sweat and dead skin cells throughout the day that can clog your pores and prevent your skincare products from absorbing properly. Make sure you have a clean canvas before applying your treatments.
4. Eat Healthy: You are what you eat. Your outside appearance is a reflection of what's going on inside your body. Eat nutritious food to help lower inflammation and prevent toxins from building up in your body.
5. Moisturize: Hydrating the skin can give it a plump and more youthful appearance. It can also help prevent signs of premature aging by masking fine lines and wrinkles. Don't forget around the eyes!
6. Do not smoke!: Smoking causes narrowing of the blood vessels in your skin, reducing blood flow and the delivery of essential proteins and nutrients. It also damages collagen and elastin, which are fibers that give your skin its strength and elasticity.